Saturday, April 15, 2006

Canadian Election 2006 (6): Events that changed my perspective

Li Yang’s article the next day

Incredibly, the day after Ms. Rice’s article, Li Yang published an old article entitled A brief analysis of American’s strategic direction in Iraq on the usual Chinese website (creaders.net). The article basically argued that the Americans were in trouble in Iraq, thus read like an encouragement to me.

This was another key moment when I was totally in odd with the Chinese government. Maybe they thought they were helping me by sending me encouragement because, as is well-known, I have depression. But in actual effect, not only did I find their apparent eagerness to join in the fray extremely foolish, I also felt that, instead of helping me, they only succeeded in making my life even more difficult.

  • Memo to the Chinese leadership: United States may be able to meddle with other country’s affairs (and get away with it). Not China. If China wants to become any kind of power at all in this century, it should be careful to stay clear of the image of an American-style power.

Apparently, Chinese government has no idea about the sacredness and intricacies of elections in a democracy. But they should know that I am an “immigrant without privacy”, “living in a virtual solitary confinement”. Indeed, it did not completely surprise me that, right after this old article of Li Yang’s re-appeared, some people “in the loop” knew about his identity - a politically motivated leak by Bush and/or Martin government. So you can see the Chinese government achieved nothing but making me more determined to keep them away from doing anything during Canadian election.


Update 20060417:

On Iraq War, I am obviously against it. But now that the Americans are in it, I wish them speedy success. In fact, the sooner they can stabilize the situation there, the better.

Because of Bush administration’s role in Cecilia Zhang murder cover-up, they were my opponents in my struggle to seek justice for Cecilia. So when Li Yang said that they were in trouble, I saw it as an encouragement to me. Just like earlier when Li Yang said “China should strive to be American’s friend”, I interpreted it as a reminder that “I should strive to be American’s friend”. It was like an analogy.

Am I making myself clear? Gee, do I hate writing! It looks like the more I write, I more I need to write.