Wednesday, March 29, 2006

从李登辉的“世界大战”论想到的(4)

(Just when I thought I was making progress, I got stuck again quite unexpectedly. – Let me quickly wrap up this article and see if it helps me moving forward.)

So far I have described the circumstances surrounding General Zhu’s nuclear comments. In my previous report, I also briefly touched on my belief that it was my blog entry Summer hibernation that prompted US government’s decision to de-classify documents regarding President Kennedy’s alleged plan to attack China with nuclear bombs in the sixties. (Given the “crazy speculation” coming out of media circles in the past two weeks, which caused my being stuck, I will apparently have a lot more to say on this topic later. -- As they often say, what would we do without pundits?)

Therefore, although Sino-US relation – probably the most important bilateral relation in the world - looked good on surface, it already had certain well-hidden signs of “cold war” rivalry. That’s why Lee Teng-hui’s public comments about China and United States engaging in “Cold War II” alerted me.

By the way, given Lee Teng-hui’s well-known 日本情结, it’s not surprising that Japan is part of this grandest conspiracy. Two cases in points:

  1. 去年12月14日,日本首相小泉为自己参拜靖国神社辩护说,这是他个人的“精神问题”。“精神问题” 一词源自我11月6号博客文章
  2. 2月4日,日本外相麻生太郎美化日本对台湾的殖民统治。当他的言论受到广泛抨击时,他反而说别人是“断章取义”。“断章取义”一词源自我1月17号的报告

    ***

Finally, when I embarked on my journey to seek justice for Cecilia Zhang (and myself), I asked myself why I was doing this. I ended up with eight reasons. Each one of them was important to me. However, events of past few months taught me that none of them is as important as peace. Because without peace, we have nothing.

Let me take this opportunity to go over Cecilia Zhang’s wishes again and repeat this one: “My other wish is that there are no more wars in the world and equality is everywhere.”

There is wisdom in innocence, folks.